We have kicked off 2019 with new opportunities for you to give a rural student a way out of poverty - with grants starting at R300, up to a complete student sponsorship. Here are three reasons for you to support a student in 2019:
- Change an individual's future: You can open a sustainable way out of poverty for a young student from Kwa-Zulu-Natal - a direct, individual support with no administration fees involved.
- Change the future of a rural community: To date, we have produced 337 graduates who are working in rural hospitals and thus improving the local health care.
- Change the future of the country: Invest in South Africa's (economic) future and create a future taxpayer - the cost of training 254 graduates (in 2015) of R186 million is tiny compared to the future income tax of R1,2 billion that will be paid over a graduates lifetime.
These are your options for being a significant part of a life changing opportunity for a young student:
- Stationary and study materials grant: 20 US$
- Book grant: 50 US$
- Lifeskills seminar grant (financial knowledge, use of power, mental health, substance abuse prevention, social media): 140 US$
- Laptop grant: 200 US$
- Partial Student Support Sponsorship, including a significant contribution to tuition and accommodation fees, academic and mentoring support, book and food allowance, holiday work stipend & a lifeskills seminar attendance for one student - either for a full year (US$ 4.200) or a month (US$ 350). You are also able to select a minor amount for support.
- Full Student Sponsorship, including tuition and accommodation fees, academic and mentoring support, book and food allowance, holiday work stipend & a lifeskills seminar attendance for one student - either for a full year (US$ 8.400) or a month (US$ 700). You are also able to select a minor amount for support.
- ...or pick your own amount - one-off or on a monthy base!
Of course you could also choose to become a fundraiser on behalf of a student: collect donations for your next birthday, marathon or Christmas party. We'll be happy to provide you with further details of the impact of our work, including statistics to share with others as well provide information about an individual student to support.
Check out our new campaigns and change a life!