We believe that these awards are a testament to our values and beliefs
We are proud to say that we have been recognised by important governing bodies for the positive impact our work has had on rural communities and health science graduates, who have today become successful healthcare professionals.
With your help, we hope to take the initiative to even greater heights in the coming years.
Our awards include:
- Discovery Foundation Award for Excellence (2007) - This award allowed the Trustees to re-evaluate the future of the scheme in order to make improvements to the existing model.
- Based on an extensive evaluation by external specialists contracted by the Impumelelo Trust, we were granted the highest award by the Impumelelo Innovations Trust. Our award recognises innovative public-private partnerships that lead to improved service delivery to the public.
- Second place, Public Innovator of the Year (2008) - at the CPSI Public Sector Innovations Awards.
- Innovative Service Delivery (2008) - at the All African Public Sector Innovation Awards.
- Mail & Guardian Investing in the Life Award (2011).
- A special award for improving the lives of the youth through further education, awarded by KwaZulu-Natal Premier Dr Zweli Mkhize and MEC of Health, Dr S. Dhlomo (2011).
- A BHP Billiton Achiever Award for the best NGO Training Programme (2012).
- A “Special Ministerial Award” (2013) from the Minister of Public Service and Administration.
- Health Innovator (2014) - Bertha School of Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The judging panel consisted of high profile South African and international health experts.
- Mail & Guardian Investing in Health Award (2016).